The Qualitative 360 Europe conference (formerly QCRI2011) was held on the 7 & 8 April 2011 in Malta. This round-table meeting brought together top academics, consumer insights executives and market research practitioners to discuss, debate and brainstorm cutting-edge qualitative research techniques while converting results into actionable business propositions.
The conference consisted of submitted (reviewed) presentations, invited keynotes, brainstorming workshops and interactive discussion sessions.The conference provided excellent opportunities for participants to network with peers. Highlights of the conference included an optional a pre-conference workshop on social media research by Ray Poynter.
Topics discussed and debated during the conference included:
- Mapping the consumer mind: discovering the true drivers of behaviour through neuroscience
- Implementing ground-breaking approach of deriving actionable insights from social media
- Leveraging qualitative insights to develop brand and marketing strategies
- Capturing consumer mindsets and translate them into new product development
- Using social media research tools to evaluate brand, products and services
- Implementing successful qualitative consumer research studies using smartphones and tablet PCs
- Optimising quantitative instruments via qualitative techniques in cross-cultural mobile research
- Developing innovative user-centered design research techniques for supporting innovation
- Using WE-ethnography for consumer insights: what are the learnings and risks?
- Emergence of social business: exploring the opportunities driven by online research communities
- Developing best practices for engaging in online conversations and gathering reliable customer insights
- Analysing online marketing strategies developed by food manufacturers aimed at children and teens
Posted 21st July 2015 in: Event by Csaba Molnar